Sep 17, 2007

Thoughts through someone else's words !

I made a couple new friends this past weekend at Camp and one of them just got through pressuring me to check out this artist that in his own words he is " obsessed " with, I am not sure why I thought I could trust his judgement because he likes the Montreal Canadians ( sick) but none the less I went on a journey with the aid of my computer to seek this artist out that has taken a hold of my new friend and i have to admit, although a bit unwillingly that I was a tad , tiny bit blown away.... friends maybe you should give this guy a listen, his name is Sufjan Stevens ( enough said he deserves ur respect) ... back to the point of this blog, here are some lyrics that I found compelling !

To Be Alone With You
I'd swim across lake Michigan
I'd sell my shoes I'd give my body to be back again
In the rest of the room
To be alone with you
To be alone with you To be alone with you To be alone with you
You gave your body to the lonely
They took your clothes
You gave up a wife and a family
You gave your goals
To be alone with me To be alone with me To be alone with me
You went up on a tree To be alone with me you went up on the tree
I'll never know the man who loved me

For The Widows In Paradise; For The Fatherless In Ypsilanti
I have called you children, I have called you son.
What is there to answer if I'm the only one?
Morning comes in Paradise, morning comes in light.
Still I must obey, still I must invite.
If there's anything to say, if there's anything to do, If there's any other way, I'll do anything for you.
I was dressed embarrassment. I was dressed in wine.
If you had a part of me, will you take you're time?
Even if I come back, even if I die Is there some idea to replace my life?
Like a father to impress; Like a mother's mourning dress,
If you ever make a mess, I'll do anything for you
I have called you preacher; I have called you son. If you have a father or if you haven't one,
I'll do anything for you. I did everything for you

Beautiful is all I am left with to describe what is going on in my head, my heart and whatever else there is that makes up me !

No comments: