Jan 30, 2008

Taking Chances

I haven’t been on a real date in a long time. I have hung out/gone out/chilled with guys before but I don’t think those moments count because they kind of just happened upon me as if it was suppose to be that way. In the summer I hung out with 'J' a lot and although he would never admit it, we were dating, we just never went on a date.

I think the difference between that and this is that this is intentional, personal and there is the little factor of me having a crush. I wish I didn’t, I wish I could just not care but I don’t think that is possible when me and T basically talk every night on the phone which is mixed in with all those other random moments on msn and webcam……

I think the reason I set my self up against it in the beginning is that I came to believe that the only people who would use these types of sites would be the anti-social, stinky, annoying, creepy and a bit boring type and I don’t want to believe that that is me.

So sushi, cookie making and wine drinking here I come, wish me luck!

P.S If it doesn’t work out It always makes for some self debasing humor and a good blog. Plus life is about taking chances right?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm, i remember reading somewhere in the B-i-b-l-e to guard your heart. ya, it went something like that. being the wellspring in your life and all. ;) can't wait to hear about it. i hope it goes swell and gives you butterflies that you WONT regret later. =)

LeahA said...

Its guarded miss Leah...when I talk of my insides being a bit chaotic it is more about the unknown, the excitment, and the potential for something great!
BTW u are fast !

LeahA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GF Girl said...

Guarded yes, but not hidden behind a wall that no one can breach. Leaha that's the spirit - regardless of the outcome the blog will be good. Just watch the wine intake - you want to remember all the wonderful or painful details...

Thomas said...

Bad dating stories always make for the best blogging.

Anonymous said...

jennn! are you saying my heart is hidden behind a wall that no one can flippin' breach!!

well... errr, on the flipside, it probably is. the guy's just going to have to deal with that

GF Girl said...

No Leah, I'm just saying it's a hard line to walk - I've been on both sides - just trying to encourage Leaha to relax and be her open self

Anonymous said...

good luck ^_^ I've only been on like 2 actual dates with the only person that I've ever dated! I don't think I'll be jumping off that ledge any time soon.

Anonymous said...

STUNNING BLOG
-noah