Feb 16, 2008

Miss you



To know that you feel the same as I do
is a three-fold, utopian dream.
You do something to me that I can't explain.
So would I be out of line if I said,
I miss you.
Incubus


I was out with one of my kiddies last night and she gave me something to think about, she was talking about the idea of missing people and I guess she caught on that I might have been missing a certain person that was driving through my city, past the exit to my place at that moment.

Well what she told me was comforting, it went something like this “when we miss someone it confirms part of our feelings for that person” as if my feelings/insides/thoughts were telling me that there is something here between us which is worthy of missing. While she was talking I was thinking about a conversation me and T had the night prior. He was telling me how this (us + distance) “is a kind of wonderful torturous emotion” and he is right it is all of that and more.

To be honest I just wanted to be there with him, next to him, smelling him, holding him near, hugging him,cooking with him, anything! Potentially just doing nothing but being near, but things don’t work that easily, life and borders and kilometers get in the way. And the reality is that we dont always have things the way we want them(probably some sort of messed up beautiful blessing)and I think I am alright with that, I think I have to be !

Don’t get me wrong I don’t feel that missing feeling all the time but there are moments

little moments
wonderful moments
torturous moments.

4 comments:

GF Girl said...

hey can you use my up and coming book title? funny we're just talking about missing something and we haven't even experienced it - crazy - yes I know not always and yes it's an odd feeling but go with it

Valeria. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valeria. said...

hahah i like what jen said.
'go with it.'
cuz i think thats how its suppose to happen.
i think it suppose to suck and suppose to be great and amid all that we'll feel amazingly small and at the same time we'll feel its bigger than we are. Like your heart is going to rip through your ribcage.
<3

Anonymous said...

ah, the moments that remind us how thankful we should be for the moments we aren't "missing"